Monday, November 21, 2005

Greenhouse Gas in the Ground

I am not an extreme environmentalist. I like to do what I can, recycle when possible, reuse often, not drive when I don't need to, and so on. I even like ideas that promote better environmental responsibility.

This is not one of those ideas. The gist is that we could collect the harmful gasses, and put them in the empty caverns where there used to be oil. I guess it has some merit, in that it gives us something to do with those gases while searching for another fuel source.

At the same time, could not we use the dollars spent on research and development for this project, and speed up development of the hydrogen economy?

It just seems a waste of our time and resources to spend on something like this.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment