Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Jet Powered Human Flight

I have not ever had the opportunity to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but I would love to parachute at least once before the end of my life (I am sure my wife would feel differently about that, and may try to convince me otherwise).

At any rate, some people seem to think that just parachuting is not good enough. Some people have to push it to the next level. Some people have to strap miniature jet engines to their feet.

This could be useful in many applications, though, I am not sure what they are at the moment. It seems that whenever we figure out a new way to approach something, we also discover uses for it that had not originally been intended.

Linkage below...

This via digg:
A skydiver with jet engines strapped to his feets jumped from a balloon. He was the first human to fly a jet without a jet. Here is a video of the event.

read more|digg story

[Edit:]

More rocket madness here.

No comments:

Post a Comment